Friday, March 27, 2009

Dreaming

So I tend to have dreams almost nightly, and I remember them.

Dream #1

Last night I had a dream that I was out dancing. No one had asked me to dance yet, so I was going to start dancing with one of my girlfriends. Then, a handsome man asked me to dance by holding out his hand. I accepted by placing my hand in his. He glided us over and across the dance floor, dancing so smoothly. It wasn't hard to follow his lead, but I could definitely tell these were new steps, steps I wasn't quite sure of how to make. But he knew how to lead, and so I appeared/felt much more graceful than I should have had I been alone or with someone else.

Then, un-expectantly another man made his move to break in and have me switch partners. My first thought was "how rude!". But I also couldn't help but think "Wow...2 different men want to dance with me?!" Me? Really?

This second man is still waiting as I continue dancing with the first man. Then after some time had passed, I realized I was dancing with both of them at the same time. It wasn't as smooth and graceful as before, but it seemed to be working out just fine. (picture more of a line dance as opposed to a two person dance)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream #2

I am riding my bike to one of my girlfriends houses. When I get there, her sister says she is sick, and contagious, and I shouldn't stay.

I leave on my bike, and somehow can't find my way home. It is dark, and getting late quickly. Suddenly my bike tires go flat. And I'm in a parking lot of a medical facility. I go in and ask if I can stay the night. The nurse sees that I have a medical bracelet, but says I need a new one, one that will allow me to stay, and show that I belong there.

She acts as if time was of the essence, that someone would soon be by to check and make sure that only authorized people were in the facility. She quickly put on the bracelet, and I made myself at home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dream #3

In my dream, I was fully aware that I had just had an EGD, and along with that knowledge, knew that I had been under anesthesia and was not allowed to drive for 24 hours. My roommate Mary was with me initially, and for some reason we were in Denton. She decided to head back to Irving, and said that when I was ready, I could come back to Irving in my car. After stopping by the Wells Fargo in the Square, I head out, in my car. As I am turning onto the road, I realize that I don't really have much control of the car. I made a huge right turn, instead of turning right into the right lane, I crossed 3 lanes of traffic and made it into the left lane and nearly hit the curb!!

This frightens me, and I am wondering why I am driving so badly. Then I suddenly recall that I am NOT supposed to be driving at all! I haphazardly continue driving until I find a parking lot I can pull into. I pull out my phone, and call Mary. She says she will turn around and come get me, and that she is sorry for leaving me there.

I get out of my car and sit at a table at an outdoor patio type of restaurant. I can see I-35E, and I am to the west of the highway, just north of the Outback Steakhouse. This restaurant is crowded, no empty tables. So I plop down at a table with an older woman, probably in her late 50s, early 60s.

I am an emotional mess! I am stressed out, scared, crying, and impatient. I realized that I hadn't even asked this lady if I can sit there, and when I ask, she says yes.

I'm not sure how long I sat there in my emotional mess, but after a while, I saw two familiar people. I won't name names, simply because it usually weirds people out when I tell them I dreamt about them.

Anyway, the husband and wife sat down with me, and asked why I was in town. We talked for a while. I don't recall anything else about this dream.

1 comment: