Monday, March 23, 2009

Praise God for Answered Prayers

So I'm super duper excited to become an Aunt in August!! And not just because I'll have a niece, but because of the amazing answers to prayer that is going on in Natalie's life lately. Nat and I were talking on the phone last Thursday, and she was telling me about how she's been going back to Cypress Bible Church, and how they've been loving on her and have set her up with a place where she can take classes in exchange for earning stuff for the baby....and I'm all tearing up on the other end of the phone line because of how amazing it is for this body of believers to lovingly accept, embrace, and help my sister!

She is genuinely excited to be going on the Women's Retreat through Irving Bible Church with me in 2 weeks, and here are her 2 reasons: (1) to get to hang out with me, her big sis (which makes my heart soooo happy!) and (2) she is excited to learn more about God!!

I am so very thankful at how God is orchestrating all of this in her life right now, and still get teary eyed when I think about how awesome our God is at answering prayers.

I told Nat that I've been praying for her for a little over 3 years....her response?? "It took 3 years to be answered?"

Haha....yes, 3 years does seem like a long time here for us, but to God I don't think it is much time at all.

This actually does more than give Nat hope, salvation, and a relationship with God---it increases my faith in God answering prayers.

There is such great power in prayer. I'm thankful for the many people that I may or may not know about that prayed for me. And I'm thankful for God answering their prayers by bringing me into a relationship with Him.

Takeaway: Don't stop praying for what God has laid on your heart-this is kingdom business, and we are priveledged to be able to take part in His work here on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment