Sunday, March 22, 2009

Insomnia Spring Break

So I do find it slightly ironic that a week ago I posted about sleeping in...and now I'm posting about staying up late.

I haven't quite figured it out, but I haven't been much into journaling lately, which is odd, because I've pretty much had my pen to paper for the last 4-5 months almost daily. And I think it has been about 2 weeks since I've had an entry.

So I am drawing close to the end of Spring Break. It's been quite interesting, and not at all how I imagined. But that's life, right? Interesting, yet not how we imagine it to be.

Started off heading to Nashville, but one of my good friends got sick, and we ended up in Forrest City Arkansas. (Get it, For-rest?) Guess we needed some rest. Anyway, we headed back to DFW the next morning dark and early. I listened to a sermon on contentment. I was not content, but knew I needed to be.

Got home and drank Pepto, then went to sleep from 4:30pm till 9:30am. Did a bunch of nothing all day, then watched Lost.

Thursday I woke up sick, and cancelled my plans. Then felt better and made new plans. Went to Billy Bob's and did some dancing. Had fun, and got to hear Billy Bob Thornton and ZZ Top. Great show.

Friday I planted a garden and went swing dancing. Loads of fun!

Saturday I had a raspberry white mocha, swiss oatmeal, taxes and a massage. I wanted to get my laundry done too, but felt that might push it towards being over-accomplished. Ha.

Danced around in the living room for about 30 minutes, had fun, but felt lonely.

Needing to sleep, should have at least put a load in the wash, but messed around with this instead.

Now to the serious stuff...I don't know why, but I still feel resistant toward spending time with God. I don't know why. And I know it shouldn't matter how I FEEL in regard to my relationship with God and spending time with Him. But I haven't spent time with him this week. And I can feel it in my soul, and sense it in my thoughts.

Haiti...ask me about it....

1 comment:

  1. For-rest. Wow. I don't even think I would have thot of that :)

    ReplyDelete